Friday, September 9, 2011

Three + Three: My Baby is Growing Wings...





Here I was in August, in Rosanne's wonderful studio. It was here also that the talented and lovely Marina Diamandis christened my poetry 'Floetry' - what an honour!



For those who don't know, the Three + Three project began when I wrote some poems after Rosanne Jedly's paintings. The idea emerged that she should reciprocate and that we should publish the results in a little pamphlet, as a kind of artistic dialogue.



Well, since then, a photographer friend, Patty Papageorgiou-Axford, and graphic designer Liz Jenkins have got involved, with Patty photographing Rosanne's paintings as well as contributing her own photographs and perspective, and Liz working on ideas for how to present the whole thing, as well as suggesting that the initial pamphlet be reworked as a Magazine....!!!!



Poet Paul Henry (published by Seren - his collected works 'The Brittle Sea' is wonderful, read it!) gave me some incredibly kind feedback on my poetry and on the whole project, which was a wonderful boost.

We've had positive responses from the local bookshop, Bookish, and hopefully we can get some sponsorship and maybe even a grant...suddenly the little collection of works that I started during a long lazy morning in my summer holiday has grown enormous wings and is taking off...I have no idea where it may land!

Part of me is feeling a bit possessive and control-freakish, but mostly this relinquishing of control is so exciting. Everyone has such amazing ideas for what started out as my 'baby' - eg. Patty's ideas for her own interpretations of my poems in photography, and even just the fact that everybody wants in! Fortunately we have a wonderful mix of creative and business brains.

I will keep you posted about Three + Three, this is turning out to be a really exciting journey and I can't wait to see where it will lead to!



Here are the websites of the wonderful people mentioned in this post:






No comments:

Post a Comment