Monday, January 9, 2012

Currently Trying to Stay Afloat in a Sea of Literary Activity...

Well, the New Year and new semester are turning out to be bloody busy already! I've spent some time trying to organise my life a bit and I have just realised how much I've got going on in the coming weeks!


First of all, next week is fairly full up as I am first of all going to a reading by John Burnside at UEA, then on Tuesday a friend of mine is reading at poetry night HeadCRASH and then the day after that is my birthday!


The following Tuesday, January 24th, I am performing at Poetry Slam, a presentation and reading session at The Workshop on Earlham Road, Norwich. I started organising this is September with some friends...can't believe it's nearly here! And can't believe I still have no idea what I'm going to be reading!


One exciting thing about it though is that among the many amazingly talented poets from UEA is Meirion Jordan, who is published by Seren. Seren publish some of my favourite writers, and I know Paul Henry, who is also on their list. The bookshop where I work occasionally, Bookish, has some nice close little links with them, and it's lovely that I'll be performing alongside someone who has been published by a small house of such innovation and integrity!


Apart from that, I am hoping to also read at other events, go to other readings both at UEA and in the lovely city of Norwich, as well as writing some stuff and actually studying for my degree.


As well as relcaiming my fitness, which over the last few months has eloped to Brazil, along with my brain and work ethic.


And looking for somewhere to live next year.


And trying to squeeze in a social life.


So much to do!!! But it's so exciting!
Some cool links that I cannot recommend highly enough:

No comments:

Post a Comment